Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The painting business

The painting business

When you think of the painting business you think about the painters who are fly by night, the drinking and the horror stories you hear from your friends and some of those things are true to say the least.

But there are also great people in this industry who are business people, have great families and are awesome to be around so in this blog we will focus on that.

I have the luxury each day to be able to meet all types of people from all walks of life, small business owners, large facility managers, potential clients, and the great ones always stand out.
Just yesterday I was able to meet a former fireman/ crime scene investigator, I noticed his pictures on a shelf and asked and he was nice enough to share his stories with me and you could see him open up as soon as we began talking about it. I could have stayed there all day had I not had other estimates to get to.

New business owners

Last week I had the chance to talk with two painters who just started their own business and to see their excitement in that was awesome, I love to see other people who are inspired and striving hard towards a goal.

Typically I am fending of salespeople who others who are trying to get something from us but even there you have to realize they are just doing their job, it's similar to what we do while trying to find clients and salespeople are some of the best people to talk to, they always have great stories and I do appreciate their hustle, frankly, we are in the same business.

It's not you, it's them

The podcasts and blogs I am able to do I created just so I would be able to talk with people I am interested in and it has been simply awesome, each one has had a uniques story however they all related to one another. Every day remember we all have our goals, struggles, and successes and failures, yes you may run into the occasional nasty, grumpy person, the easiest way to push them aside is to feel sorry for them, they must be very sad to be so nasty to other people,l it's not you, it's them.

Appreciate your daily meetings

Take a moment to realize the great people you meet each day, have gratitude, talk to them, put your phone down and listen to their story. There are so many people that can bring value to your life just by opening up your ears and really listening

No comments:

Post a Comment