Friday, February 15, 2019

Amato Painting Visits Benjamin Moore Headquarters

Ryan, Tanya and Kevin Visit Benjamin Moore Headquarters

We were lucky enough to be invited to Benjamin Moore's Headquarters in Montvale, NJ to take part in a group question and answer session with many of their departments such as marketing, color, and more.







We have developed a great relationship with Benjamin Moore through our local store Gleco Paints, not your average paint store by any means, their service and concern about our business and company go well above anything else any other store or company has ever been able to offer.

I have been lucky enough through them to meet many people from Benjamin Moore and through that, I was asked if I would be interested in offering my knowledge and experience in the painting industry in a formal group discussion which will be filmed and used for training, social media, and other outlets.

So I gathered up a few people from our team, a painter Kevin who has been with us the longest and brings a unique perspective to the painting industry, our office manager Tanya who has a hand in almost every process in the company and myself who gave a perspective of marketing, daily operations and  anything else they wanted to hear about.

Our day started with about an hour and a half drive down, it was great to get out of the office for a day, I was shown some of the questions before I arrived but I wanted my answers to be genuine and not planned so I did not really look at them or show them to my team.

We arrived early in the morning being greeted by Brian and James, and a bunch of cameras, we would be filmed much of the day.

From there we were given a brief tour of the offices, meeting many great people throughout the day, some I knew personally and some I knew from Linkedin. Everyone was so nice and welcoming to us.

We were able to take a break and just chatted about paint coatings, faux finishes and in that conversation, a few great ideas came from James regarding some marketing ideas for our company, I wrote those down right away, sometimes it takes throwing things back and forth and great ideas will come out of those conversations.

Skipping ahead we then filmed in their store of the future to get some footage of the day before we went to lunch with Benjamin Moore and the film crew.

After lunch again we took a tour around the office and ended up at the room that was prepared for our question and answer session.

Not being prepared is slightly nerve-wracking however we were going to discuss topics I know well and love so I figured it would be easy enough.

We were hooked up to the wireless mics and cameras are rolling and then the questions began, I have to say the people of Benjamin Moore were awesome, they made it very easy with great questions, I was asked about everything from my background in the painting industry, hiring, marketing, paint coatings, likes, and dislikes.

It was great to hear Tanya and Kevin also speak about the company, I got a lot of great information from the group, and many things to take back with us and review. We filmed for about two and a half hours and wrapped up the day doing some voiceover work and saying our goodbyes.

Also on the way out we were lucky enough to meet and say hello to Dan Calkins their Ceo, who was very appreciative of our work and marketing efforts.

I wanted to Thank Brian who invited us down, has been awesome to work with and who has become a friend as well, we appreciate everything they have done for us and we can't wait to see the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment